Save Mothers’ Lives this Mother’s Day! - April 29, 2016
This Mother’s Day, write your members of Congress urging him/her to support H.R.3706/S.1911 - Reach Every Mother and Child Act of 2015-2016.
Representatives Reichert (R-WA), McCollum (D-MN), Lee (D-CA) and McCaul (R-TX) introduced this legislation in the House of Representatives and Senators Collins (R-ME) and Coons (D-DE) introduced this legislation in the Senate.
Urge your representative: Find bipartisan support to prevent 300,000 maternal deaths and 2.8 million infant deaths each year by passing H.R.3706/S.1911 - Reach Every Mother and Child Act of 2015-2016.
H.R.3706/S.1911 - Reach Every Mother and Child Act of 2015-2016 would:
- Coordinate a U.S. government strategy to end preventable maternal, newborn and child deaths and help ensure healthy lives by 2035;
- Require ambitious top line targets to be set, tracked and annually reported on;
- Focus on the poorest and most vulnerable populations, recognizing the unique needs within different countries and communities;
- Improve coordination among the U.S. government agencies and relevant foreign governments and international organizations;
- Complement strong US bilateral investments with innovative, public-private financing mechanisms; and,
- Accelerate partner country progress toward self-sustainability for maternal, newborn and child health.
Your voice needs to be heard. Make sure your members of Congress find a bipartisan solution to ending maternal death and child mortality.